International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements and should plan travel well in advance. A global Visa overview regulations in Spain can be found on this website.
Holders of an EEA (EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) or Swiss passport do not require a visa. Nationals from EU-countries as well as Switzerland and Liechtenstein may stay for an unlimited time.
Please visit the website of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs to check the appropriate Visa procedure from your country.
How do I apply for a visa?
Please calculate around 10 weeks processing time for your visa application. See below if you need an invitation letter for your visa application. Please contact your embassy for more information on the specific requirements of applications from your country. We ask for your understanding that we cannot offer visa assistance to family members of ICSOC2020 attendees.
How can I get an invitation letter:
For registered participants and authors of accepted papers, we can provide an invitation letter for visas. Please send an email to email@example.com after finishing the registration process. We will then get in touch with you. We will need these pieces of information:
- Name (as it appears on your passport) and mailing address
- Your passport ID and date of birth
- Your registration confirmation number
- The title of your accepted paper (if applicable)
- ConfTool ID (if applicable, if you submitted to a workshop also the workshop name)
- A fax number or an email address to where we can send the letter
Please note that it can take up to two weeks to receive the invitation letter.